Tarneit P-9 College
2024 Prep Enrolment
The first years are an exciting and engaging time for your child. Building positive relationships and experiences in the early years is important to long-term development, learning and wellbeing.
The more you can help your child to become familiar with the layout of the school and what they need to do before day one, the less overwhelmed they are likely to feel.
Enrolling in primary school for 2025
Starting school is an exciting time for children, parents, and carers. The first year of primary school is called Foundation or Prep. Your child must be 5 years old by 30 April in the year that they start school. Schooling is compulsory for children who have turned 6 years old. Your child has a right to enrol at their local school. Your child’s local school is determined on the basis of their permanent residential address. Visit Find my School to locate your child’s closest school.
The Department of Education has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Tarneit P-9 College. The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from this webpage (available from 24 April 2024).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Tarneit P-9 College from April 2024.
What you need to do:
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26 July 2024
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Monday 29 July 2024. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Wednesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Please click Virtual Tour and enjoy the walk.
2024 Prep Information Evening and School Tours – Term 2, dates to be confirmed.